- To encourage better understanding of the rights and the needs of hard of hearing young people in the society
- To defend the interests of hard of hearing youth and express them towards international bodies
- To serve as a platform for cooperation and exchange of information between organizations of hard of hearing youth, to encourage communication and cultural interchange between all hard of hearing young people worldwide
- To establish links with organizations of and for hard-of-hearing people worldwide and the links between IFHOHYP and regional and/or national organizations of and for hard of hearing youth
- To collect and make available information about organizations for and of hard of hearing young people and different aspects of hearing loss (technical aids, accessible facilities by and for hard of hearing people)
- Visibility of hard of hearing young people worldwide.
- Inclusion of hard of hearing young people, recognition of their rights and needs.
- Strong voice of and inspiration for hard of hearing young people worldwide.
- Greater awareness of hearing loss on national and international levels.