Study sessions are organized by IFHOHYP in co-operation with the Council of Europe, Directorate of Youth and Sport. The goal of these for the young people are to work on important themes concerning the HoH and develop partnerships with other organizations.
What are Study Sessions? – Information from CoE Youth
These activities – of which the most visible are the study sessions – are based on co-operation between the partner organisations and the Council of Europe’s Directorate of Youth and Sport. Study sessions are international youth events lasting between 4 and 8 days which bring together members of youth organisations or networks and experts for discussions on a specific subject leading to conclusions relevant to the priorities and programmes of the Council of Europe Youth sector. They are organised in co-operation with youth organisations and networks, and are hosted by one of the European Youth Centres.
IFHOHYP has organized 10 Study Sessions up to now, which have taken place at the European Youth Centre in Strasbourg (France) or in Budapest (Hungary).
Reports and pictures are available by clicking of underlined titles of the past study sessions.
Study sessions in the past years:
- 2014, 10th Study Session “Organisational Development: from strengthening youth organisations in Disability Rights work to enhancing social inclusion on regional, national and international levels“, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2011, 9th Study Session “Striving towards policy impact, awareness raising and access to social rights”, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2009, 8th Study Session “Training facilitators for inclusion“, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2007, 7th Study Session “Developing Leadership Skills and Necessary Competences with Hard of Hearing Youth – Getting Strong in the Future“, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2006, 6th Study Session “Safeguarding Human Rights of youth with hearing disability – how to cope with violence and discrimination in education and employment?“, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2003, 5th Study Session “Building communication for hard of hearing youth: breaking barriers and stereotypes“,Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 2001, 4th Study Session “Knowledge Transfer! – Putting Hard of Hearing on the Map of Europe” (How to Make a Campaign on hearing disability), Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 1999, 3rd Study Session “How to Cope With Information”.
- 1995, 2nd Study Session, Council of Europe, Strasbourg, France
- 1994, 1st Study Session. Report