- Letter from the President -Sidsel Munkebo Hansen (Denmark)
- Biographies of new board members of IFHOHYP
- Information about committees
- Peer support program for the Deaf&HoH Youth by Bowen Tang (Canada)
- Live Subtitling of Pope’s speeches by Giacomo Pirelli (Italy)
- To speak or to sign – struggling for identity by Nalwoga Hanifah (Uganda)
- The eastern night – Bollywood by Beatriz Guasch and Sheila Cristobal (Spain)
- Interview with uSoundMore…
We have just published the minutes of IFHOHYP Annual General Meeting 2014, Strasbourg, France. You can view it under the Activities, Annual General Meetings menu.
As a celebration to International Day of People with Disabilities, IFHOHYP is excited to launch four videos as part of the No Hate Speech Movement by Youth Department of the Council of Europe. The videos aim to raise awareness about the issues being faced by deaf and hard of hearing people around the world and reminding others of our equal rights.
These videos are developed by 35 participants from 13 countries at the IFHOHYP Study Session 2014 in Strasbourg France, with support from Chris Schuepp. Videos are important and practical ways to raise awareness, and to promote engaging discussions. Enjoy,More…
IFHOHYP is pleased to announce that the 10th Study Session: “Tune Up Your Organizations, Fight For Your Rights” at Strasbourg France, from 17 – 22 November, was a spectacular success. What started with 35 participants from 13 countries became one strong and cohesive community with the common goal to raise global awareness on the issues deaf and hard of hearing young people face in the society. We would like to thank the Study Session committee for putting all of this together, as well as support from the Council of Europe. A detailed report will be published later in theMore…
From the contents:
- Letter from the President Towards NEW IFHOHYP: challenges – and great opportunities
- Get involved! IFHOHYP Board is seeking you!
- Representation at the UN: IFHOHYP at UNICEF and the GPcwd: Engaging Youth with and without Disabilities
- IFHOHYP at 7th Session of the Conference of States Parties to the UN CRPD
- A Tribute in memory of Katerina Monakhova
- Best Practices at Jugehörig
- Being HoH in theMore…
Dear friends and members of IFHOHYP,
we invite young people aged 18-30 to take part in the IFHOHYP study session ”Tune up your organisation: Fight for your rights” organised in cooperation with the Council of Europe, at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg, 17-22nd November, 2014 (arrival 16 November, departure 23rd November).
In addition, this year IFHOHYP would like to invite applicants, especially those who represent member organisations, to stay for 23rd of November to take part in the IFHOHYP Annual General Meeting which will be held also in the European Youth Centre Strasbourg (in thisMore…
From the contents:
- Invitation to Summercamp 2014 in Germany
- Full inclusion of children and young people
- 3rd hearing loops conference
- Being HoH in the workplace
- Challenges of getting young HoH involved
Annual General Meeting 2013
The Swedish organisation Unga Hörselskadade invites the member of IFHOHYP
to the AGM 2013 in Stockholm.
Activities will run from the 10th of April until the 14th of April. Participants
are welcome to Kärsögården on Wednesday the 10th of April at 17.00.
We start with dinner (at 18.00) and social activities to get to know each other.
On Thursday IFHOHYP will organize workshops and we will do a guided
tour in Stockholm. UH will organize lectures and discussions on the topic
of bilingualism on Friday and in the evening we will have a typical Swedish
activity that we call ”sauna”. A sauna isMore…
- Disability and World Bank Safeguards Campaign
- Use the fact you’re HoH to have loads of fun!
- AGM 2013 in Stockholm
- Choose your committee!
- Information from Japan, Tunisia and Uganda
- Personal stories of successful HoH young people
- Internship at European Parliament
After 10 years, time has ripened to renew IFHOHYP website. The new design is already here for you to enjoy, and there are new exciting features under construction:
- Faster navigation
- Easier to update
- Twitter/Facebook integration
Webmaster & Programming: Juraj Variny (Slovakia)
Design: Budi Loonen ( The Netherlands)
Programming: Akram Muhammad (Pakistan)