|Saturday 3 March 2007|
Information from the Council of Europe – Directorate of Youth and Sports
IFHOHYP strongly encourages to participate in this course! Arrangements are made for hard-of-hearing participants from IFHOHYP and induction loop systems are provided upon request. Vanessa Migliosi (Italy), Karina Chupina (Russia) and František Šmolík (Czech Republic) attended the Council of Europe language courses on behalf of IFHOHYP
Please find enclosed the call for applications for the 2007 DYS Intercultural Language Programme. In the attached files, you will find:
Please ensure you use the correct application form, a different form must be used for the Arabic courses.
- the programme for 6 courses: English, French, German, Italian, Russian and Spanish;
- an information document about the selection procedure which you should read carefully;
- an application form for the 6 courses;
- the programme for the intercultural courses in Arabic language and culture;
- an application for the Arabic courses.
DYS hopes to be able to propose 2 intercultural courses in Arabic language and culture, one in Morocco and one in Egypt, however the course in Egypt is not yet confirmed. If you apply for this course, you should indicate if you wish your application to be taken into consideration for the Morocco course or another course if Egypt does not go ahead. Please note also that the requirements for participation in the intercultural courses in Arabic language and culture are different to the other 6 courses and you should read very carefully the information provided.
Please read the regulations carefully. There are two stages in application process:
1) Applications should be first sent to the IFHOHYP Board at christi-ifhohyp @ home.nl. Deadline for sending applications to IFHOHYP is March 13.
2) IFHOHYP Board will then look at the applications, write their comments on the applications and recommend the candidates to the Council of Europe. Only 2 candidates from an organization can be nominated. After March 13, IFHOHYP will select the 2 candidates and send the application + IFHOHYP recommendation letters for each candidate to the Council of Europe.
Deadline for reception of the IFHOHYP applicants’ forms by the Directorate of Youth and Sport, Council of Europe is March 18. Then Council of Europe makes a final selection of all participants for the courses.
Please find attached the description of the Intercultural Language Courses + all details and application form. Please also note that preference in selection goes to representatives of IFHOHYP member organizations.
When you fill in the application, please consider carefully:
- the criteria,
- profile of participants
- priorities of the Language Course programme and the Council of Europe Youth sector.
Then you have more chance to win and pass selection process in the Council of Europe!
Should you have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact me. Do not be afraid of applying and GOOD LUCK!!! :-)
Please do not hesitate to contact us if you require any further information.
Christi Menheere christi-ifhohyp @ home.nl
This information and these forms are available on the Internet site:
Read the attachments about the Intercultural Language Programme!
Presentation of the Programme (size: 133.5 KB)
Selection procedure (size: 71.5 KB)
Application form for the 6 courses (size: 0)
Presentation of the Arabic courses (size: 134.5 KB)
Application form of the Arabic course (size: 144.5 KB)