|Tuesday 5 April 2005|
The main aim of the course is to facilitate the development and implementation of participation projects at local and regional level by young people already active in local and regional life based in the principles promoted by the revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life.
The aim of the course is to help participants to improve their competencies in the following areas:
- Concepts such as civil society,
democracy, youth participation and active citizenship
- Approaches to the promotion and development of active participation of young people on local and regional level of a society
- Approaches to co-operation with local and regional authorities
- Approaches to developing and facilitating participative youth activities
- Project development and implementation
- Lobbying and negotiation
- Co-operative strategy building, multiplication
- Using the revised European charter for the promotion of youth participation at local and regional level
- Using other instruments for the promotion of youth participation, particularly among young people who have fewer opportunities to be involved in youth activities
The participants selected for this course shall be:
The sending organisation must attach a letter of support to the application form stating the benefit for the organisation of the participation of the candidate. In case the sending organisation is a local or national authority, a letter of endorsement from the superior of the candidate is required.
- Young leaders and people in position of responsibility in International Non-Governmental Youth Organisations (INGYOs), National Youth Councils (NYCs), National Youth Organisations, governmental services, including municipalities or other partners, in particular those co-operating with the European Youth Centres (EYC), the European Youth Foundation (EYF) or the YOUTH programme;
- Carriers of youth projects with a local / regional youth participation dimension who wish to develop closer co-operation with the local or regional authorities in their context;
- Young staff of governmental or local authority services responsible for youth participation at local and / or regional level;
- Carriers of participation projects or youth leaders / workers who wish to develop their capacity to use the revised European Charter on the Participation of Young People in Local and Regional Life in their ongoing work to promote youth participation
All candidates must apply using the enclosed application form. Applications should be sent to the European Youth Centre, Strasbourg together with a letter of support from the sending organisation.
The letter of support for the candidate should explain the need and the value for the organisation and for the candidate to attend this course. Please refer to the application form for further information on the required content of the letter of support. If an organisation wishes to propose more than one candidate, their number should be maximum two, and the order of priority should be clearly indicated and justification for the priority list provided.
Application forms must reach the EYC Strasbourg by 14 April 2005 at the latest.
"recommend to apply to this course in order to learn how to strengthen work for hard of hearing youth at local and regional level. Please check that you suit the profile of participants. If you apply, please contact the IFHOHYP Board for issuing a support letter. IFHOHYP will support you. Priority in IFHOHYP nomination is given to applicants from IFHOHYP member organisations."
Applications may be sent by post, by fax or by email. Applicants are reminded that it is enough to send their application form once. Please refer to the end of this document for the full contact information to which to send your application.
Travel expenses and visa fees (on presentation of the relevant receipts) are reimbursed according to the rules of the Directorate of Youth and Sport. Only participants who have attended the entire training course can be reimbursed. Payment will be made either by bank transfer after the course, or at the end of the course in cash in euros.
Board and lodging are provided and paid for by the Directorate of Youth and Sport at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg.
An enrolment fee of 55 is payable by each participant. This amount will be deducted from the amount to be reimbursed for travel expenses or paid at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg during the course.
Compensation for cost of living for young workers and young unemployed people
The Directorate of Youth and Sport compensates for cost of living for young workers and young unemployed people who are obliged to take unpaid leave in order to attend one of its activities. Further details about this will be sent at a later stage to selected participants who have confirmed their participation.
See the attachment (size: 156.5 KB) for more information.