Dear valued members,
After much anticipation, we are pleased to announce that our 2015 Annual General Meeting will take place November 29th, 2015 preceded by a 2-day programme on November 27th & 28th in Amsterdam, Netherlands, hosted by our Dutch hard of hearing organization for young people: Sh-Jong and Hoormij. An official invitation is attached, which you will find detailed information about activities and other important items. Please fill out a registration form, also attached here, and submit to us at firstname.lastname@example.org by September 27th, 2015 at the latest.
On the 1st of August 2015, IFHOHYP has reached a milestone in which, for the first time in its history, a joint meeting between the Board and the Committees took place in Brussels, Belgium. There are a total of 13 participants from 9 countries: Canada, Denmark, Finland, Germany, Russia, Sweden, Spain, Turkey, and Tunisia. Click here to read more!
IFHOHYP continues to be an advocate to represent the views and interests of hard of hearing young people on European and International levels, through attendance at events, meetings, trainings, and communication with various institutions. In addition, this work programme aims to address other important goals such as being transparent in our dissemination of information through our communication platforms, Communication, expansion of the organization towards Asia, North and South America, and the overall inclusion of hard of hearing young people.
You can download Action Plan 2015 here.
- Letter from the President -Sidsel Munkebo Hansen (Denmark)
- Biographies of new board members of IFHOHYP
- Information about committees
- Peer support program for the Deaf&HoH Youth by Bowen Tang (Canada)
- Live Subtitling of Pope’s speeches by Giacomo Pirelli (Italy)
- To speak or to sign – struggling for identity by Nalwoga Hanifah (Uganda)
- The eastern night – Bollywood by Beatriz Guasch and Sheila Cristobal (Spain)
- Interview with uSoundMore…
We have just published the minutes of IFHOHYP Annual General Meeting 2014, Strasbourg, France. You can view all AGM minutes under the Activities, Annual General Meetings menu.
You can see & download AGM 2014 Minutes from here.
As a celebration to International Day of People with Disabilities, IFHOHYP is excited to launch four videos as part of the No Hate Speech Movement by Youth Department of the Council of Europe. The videos aim to raise awareness about the issues being faced by deaf and hard of hearing people around the world and reminding others of our equal rights.
These videos are developed by 35 participants from 13 countries at the IFHOHYP Study Session 2014 in Strasbourg France, with support from Chris Schuepp. Videos are important and practical ways to raise awareness, and to promote engaging discussions. Enjoy,More…
IFHOHYP is pleased to announce that the 10th Study Session: “Tune Up Your Organizations, Fight For Your Rights” at Strasbourg France, from 17 – 22 November, was a spectacular success. What started with 35 participants from 13 countries became one strong and cohesive community with the common goal to raise global awareness on the issues deaf and hard of hearing young people face in the society. We would like to thank the Study Session committee for putting all of this together, as well as support from the Council of Europe. A detailed report will be published later in theMore…
From the contents:
- Letter from the President Towards NEW IFHOHYP: challenges – and great opportunities
- Get involved! IFHOHYP Board is seeking you!
- Representation at the UN: IFHOHYP at UNICEF and the GPcwd: Engaging Youth with and without Disabilities
- IFHOHYP at 7th Session of the Conference of States Parties to the UN CRPD
- A Tribute in memory of Katerina Monakhova
- Best Practices at Jugehörig
- Being HoH in theMore…
Dear friends and members of IFHOHYP,
we invite young people aged 18-30 to take part in the IFHOHYP study session ”Tune up your organisation: Fight for your rights” organised in cooperation with the Council of Europe, at the European Youth Centre Strasbourg, 17-22nd November, 2014 (arrival 16 November, departure 23rd November).
In addition, this year IFHOHYP would like to invite applicants, especially those who represent member organisations, to stay for 23rd of November to take part in the IFHOHYP Annual General Meeting which will be held also in the European Youth Centre Strasbourg (in thisMore…
From the contents:
- Invitation to Summercamp 2014 in Germany
- Full inclusion of children and young people
- 3rd hearing loops conference
- Being HoH in the workplace
- Challenges of getting young HoH involved